SVHM has established a clinic for the administration of sotrovimab and other therapies as they become available to eligible patients. Patients who meet the eligibility criteria (see below) can be referred to the clinic Ph 9231 3769.
Sotrovimab infusions are proven to be effective in reducing disease severity and the requirement for hospital admission due to COVID-19 infection.
The clinic is located on Princess St, via the entrance opposite Regent St.
Hours of Operation
- The service is available Monday to Friday 8am-4:30pm
- COVID-19 positive with symptom onset less than 5 days
- No oxygen therapy or ventilation required
- 0 or 1 dose of COVID-19 vaccination
and the presence of at least one of the following:
- Immunosuppressed (irrespective of vaccination status)
- Age ≥ 50 years
- Diabetes (requiring medication)
- Obesity (BMI > 30 kg/m2)
- Chronic kidney disease (i.e. eGFR < 60 by MDRD)
- Chronic liver disease
- Cardiovascular disease - including hypertension requiring medication
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (history of chronic bronchitis, chronic obstructive lung disease, or emphysema with dyspnoea on physical exertion)
- Moderate-to-severe asthma (requiring an inhaled steroid to control symptoms or have been prescribed a course of oral steroids in the previous 12 months)
Please contact the clinic on Ph 9231 3769. Referral information to include:
- Patient’s St Vincent’s Hospital UR (if known)
- Patient’s full name
- Date of onset of first symptom
(Sotrovimab must be administered < 5 days from symptom onset)
Medical history including condition(s) confirming eligibility
- Interpreter requirements
- Transport requirements
St Vincent’s Community Rehabilitation services at Fairfield and Kew are accepting referrals for people with enduring symptoms (at least 8-12 weeks post COVID infection). The program offers person-centred multi-disciplinary allied health intervention tailored to the individual’s symptoms and aimed at optimising function in everyday activities. Please send referrals (including medical summary) to SVHM’s Health Independence Programs Central Intake Fax 9231 2202, Ph 1300 131 470 for patients residing in cities of Yarra, Darebin (South of Preston) and Boroondara. For patients outside these local government areas, please refer to HealthPathways for local rehabilitation services.