Applications for the 2021 mental health Graduate Nurse Program open 8th June 2020 and close 5th August 2020. Please note, these positions are part-time (0.8 EFT), to ensure work-life balance.
St Vincent’s Mental Health Graduate Nurse Program accepts applications via Computer Match (PMCV) and via direct applications
Applying for our Mental Health Graduate Nurse Program
Computer match applications:
Register with PMCV (Computer Match)
Complete the online application for St Vincent’s Graduate Nurse Program via Workday on our website.
Apply online to St Vincent's Graduate Nurse Program via WORKDAY, found on St Vincent’s website.
Step 1 – Preparing your online application
The following documents are to be uploaded (either a separate Word document or PDF):
- Letter of application, addressed Attention to: The Mental Health Graduate Nurse Coordinator, or Jo Clayton outlining why you wish to be a Mental Health Graduate at St Vincent’s (maximum of one page).
- Curriculum vitae (maximum of 3 pages).
- Academic transcript to date, with results legend (certified copy).
- Certified copies of your 2 most recent third year clinical placement reports. Reports must be sent in their entirety not selected parts or pages. (If you have not completed a third year mental health placement at the time of application, please also send your most recent second year mental health/ acute placement report.)
- One of your reports needs to be from your most recent mental health placement
Additional information required:
The name and details of one professional referee (must be a Clinical Teacher, Preceptor or a senior nurse to whom you have recently reported to). Ensure you inform your referee of your intention to list them.
All components of the application are considered when shortlisting applicants for interview. Notification for interview will be via email.
If you require assistance submitting your application online contact St Vincent’s People & Organisational Development (HR) on 03 9231 1500.
Step 2 - Attending an interview
Given the COVID-19 situation, our interview processes are under review.
We may conduct our interviews via phone and/or video link if necessary.
If your application is successful, and you are offered an interview, we will give you more information regarding the interview process at that time.
Step 3 - Outcome of PMCV Match
PMCV Computer Match results will be released Monday 19th October. If you are successfully matched to St Vincent’s you will be contacted by phone within 48 hours.
Step 4 – Outcome of direct applications:
If you are successful in your direct application to St Vincent’s you will be contacted by phone in September.
Information and Downloads
Rapp, C.A., & Goscha, R.J. (2012). The Strengths Model—A recovery-oriented approach to mental health services (3rd ed.). New York: Oxford University Press.