Applications for the 2022 mental health Graduate Nurse Program will open 7th June 2021 and close 9th July 2021.
These will be advertised both through our website and on popular job seeking platforms.
Please note, these positions are part-time (0.8 EFT), to ensure work-life balance.
St Vincent’s Mental Health Graduate Nurse Program accepts applications via Computer Match (PMCV). For information about PMCV please head to their website.
Applying for our Mental Health Graduate Nurse Program
Computer match applications:
Register with PMCV (Computer Match)
Complete the online application for St Vincent’s Graduate Nurse Program via Workday
Step 1 – Preparing your online application
During the online application process on workday, you will be asked to upload your resume. At this stage, please uploaded the following documents compiled into a single PDF:
- Letter of application, addressed Attention to: The Mental Health Graduate Nurse Coordinator, or Cathie Miller outlining why you wish to be a Mental Health Graduate at St Vincent’s (maximum of one page).
- Curriculum vitae (maximum of 3 pages)
- Academic transcript to date, with results legend (certified copy)
- Certified copies of your 2 most recent third year clinical placement reports. Reports must be sent in their entirety not selected parts or pages. (If you have not completed a third year mental health placement at the time of application, please also send your most recent second year mental health/ acute placement report)
- One of your reports needs to be from your most recent mental health placement.
Additional information required:
The name and details of one professional referee (must be a Clinical Teacher, Preceptor or a senior nurse to whom you have recently reported to). Ensure you inform your referee of your intention to list them.
All components of the application are considered when shortlisting applicants for interview. Notification for interview will be via email.
If you require assistance submitting your application online contact St Vincent’s People & Organisational Development (HR) on 03 9231 1500.
Step 2 - Attending an interview
If you are shortlisted for interview you will be invited to attend a group interview likely via Microsoft Teams. We will give you more information regarding the interview process at this time.
Step 3 - Outcome of PMCV Match
PMCV Computer Match results will be released Monday 26th July. If you are successfully matched to St Vincent’s you will be contacted by phone within 48 hours.
Information and Downloads
Please watch our video to discover more about our Mental Health Graduate Program
Rapp, C.A., & Goscha, R.J. (2012). The Strengths Model—A recovery-oriented approach to mental health services (3rd ed.). New York: Oxford University Press.