Disability Liaison Officer
The St Vincent’s Disability Support team are health professionals passionate about reducing the barriers to accessing healthcare for people with disability.
We can help you, your carers and your healthcare team to put in place the right supports so that your hospital visit is safe, accessible and inclusive.
A Disability Support Officer:
- Supports people with disability to access the healthcare they need.
- Provides disability-specific advice and support throughout the hospital.
- Supports people with disability to access COVID-19 assessment, treatment and vaccination.
Do I need support? Easy Read Disability Identification Poster. How you can get support at St. Vincent's
You can contact us by email or phone or ask a St. Vincent's staff member to help you.
You do not need a referral from a health professional to access this service.
We are available Monday to Friday during business hours 8:30am - 4:30pm (not on public holidays)
- Email: DisabilitySupport@svha.org.au
- Call: (03) 9231 2733
Referral information we need:
- Your name and contact information.
- What you need help with.
- If you are making a referral on behalf of another, please confirm you have their consent and provide your role and contact details.
Accessibility at St. Vincent's
Accessible parking map (see 'Visitors Parking'). View here.
Accessible toilet map. View here.
Learn about accessing the MRI Centre. View here.
Deaf and Hard of Hearing support. View here.
General Resources for people with disability
- Easy Read Australian Charter of Health Care Rights, information about your rights and responsibilities.
- Disability Gateway provides information and services to help people with disability, their family, friends and carers, find the support they need. View Disability Gateway.
- Carer Gateway provides practical, emotional and financial support for carers. View Carer Gateway.
- Disability Advocates can help when you need someone to speak up for you. Use Ask Izzy – Disability Advocacy to find an advocate.
- For information about the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS). View NDIS.
- The NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission is responsible for checking the quality and safety of NDIS supports and services. View NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission
Covid-19 Resources for people with disability
Victorian Coronavirus hotline: 1800 675 398
Coronavirus information for people with disability
NDIS coronavirus information
NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission COVID-19 resources
Rights of People with Disability during COVID-19
General Patient Information and Services at St Vincent’s Hospital Melbourne
View campus information.
View information on preparing for hospital.
View accommodation options for families and visitors.
View the full list of patient information and services including for those who are deaf or hard of hearing.
Leave a message
Mandatory field(s) marked with *