Disability Liaison Officer
The Disability Liaison team at St Vincent’s Hospital Melbourne are health professionals passionate about reducing the barriers for people with disability to accessing health services. We assist people with disability, their families and carers to access services at St Vincent’s Hospital Melbourne.
A Disability Liaison Officer can support you and your healthcare team to access safe, accessible and more inclusive care during your hospital stay and when attending outpatient appointments. They can provide you with any information you need, including connecting you with other health and human services.
A Disability Liaison Officer:
- Supports people with disability to access COVID-19 assessment, treatment and vaccination
- Supports people with disability to access the health and human services they require
- Provides disability-specific advice and support to the hospital
You can contact us. You do not need a referral from a health professional to access this service.
You can also ask a St. Vincent’s staff member to assist you.
To access our services
- Email: DisabilityLiaisonOfficerSVHM@svha.org.au
- Call: (03) 9231 2733
- Hours: Monday to Friday 8:30am to 4.30pm
Referral information we need:
- Person with Disability’s;
- Residential address
- Date of birth
- Best contact details i.e. phone number and/or email address
- Reason for referral i.e. Disability and/or Health Condition, and description of assistance needed
- If you are making a referral for a person with disability, we also need;
- Your role, name and contact details
- Confirmation the person with disability is aware of the referral
- Any other relevant information
General Resources for people with disability
Disability Gateway provides information and services to help people with disability, their family, friends and carers, find the support they need. View Disability Gateway
Carer Gateway provides practical, emotional and financial support for carers. View Carer Gateway.
People with disability who need someone to speak up for them can use Ask Izzy – Disability Advocacy to search for independent Disability Advocacy providers in their area
To view information about your rights and responsibilities in Easy Read. View My Healthcare Rights.
For information about the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS). View NDIS.
The NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission is responsible for checking the quality and safety of NDIS supports and services. View NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission
To view information about your rights and responsibilities in Easy Read. View My Healthcare Rights. St Vincent's Easy English patient rights and St Vincent's Easy English poster
Covid-19 Resources for people with disability
Victorian Coronavirus hotline: 1800 675 398 (24 Hours)
Coronavirus information for people with disability
NDIS coronavirus information
NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission COVID-19 resources
Rights of People with Disability during COVID-19
General Patient Information and Services at St Vincent’s Hospital Melbourne
View campus information.
View information on preparing for hospital.
View accommodation options for families and visitors.
View the full list of patient information and services including for those who are deaf or hard of hearing.