St Vincent's Hospital Melbourne welcome you to pay your hospital accounts via Web Banking. Payment can be made with using Visa or Mastercard.
Please ensure all information is placed in the mandatory areas for payment to be processed.
Thank you for using St Vincent's Hospital Melbourne Web Payment.
All patients are requested to produce a Medicare Card at registration or presentation to St. Vincent’s Hospital, noting that Medicare may be contacted directly to verify eligibility.
- All overseas visitors to Australia that are
- not covered under a Reciprocal Healthcare Agreement
- not verified as an Asylum Seeker/Refugee
- not receiving care specifically for tuberculosis
will be treated as a Medicare Ineligible Patient.
This means that you will be required to pay for all costs incurred during your treatment at St Vincent’s Hospital. These costs include emergency attendance, inpatient admissions, outpatient visits, allied health visits, interpreter charges, aides and equipment, diagnostic services and
As a Medicare Ineligible Patient, it is your responsibility to ensure that you have appropriate health insurance cover, or at the very least adequate funds to cover the full cost of your health care.
A Financial Consent form will be completed for all admissions.
It should be noted that treatment under a Reciprocal Healthcare agreement is for medically necessary treatment, and often does not cover elective (non-emergency) admissions.
Eligibility will be confirmed by evidence of a passport. In all circumstances the Department of
Immigration may be contacted to clarify visa status.
Current countries that hold reciprocal rights with Australia are:
- Northern Ireland
- The Nederland’s
- New Zealand
- Malta – only for treatment up to 6 months after arrival
- Italy – only for treatment up to 6 months after arrival
Elective treatments will only be offered under exceptional circumstances.
It is an expectation that full payment is received before
- admission to hospital for scheduled elective treatment, or outpatient services
- discharge for presentations to the emergency department, or emergency admissions
In the event that you have relevant Health Insurance cover we may claim directly with the insurer.
If you have Travel Insurance, you will be expected to pay upfront, and claim the cost directly from your insurer.
St Vincent’s Hospital seeks full cost recovery for inpatient admissions and outpatient encounters using the latest cost data provided to the Department of Health and Human Services.
The fees are based on individual clinical circumstances and the treatment that maybe required.
The estimated costs will be communicated to patients as soon as possible after diagnosis, and will be adjusted for material variances to average length of stay, time in intensive care, and use of prosthesis.
Some examples of the costs involved [inclusive of diagnostic services and pharmacy] are:
- Appendectomy $6,000
- Subdural Haemorrhage (Stroke) $20,000
- Oncology Clinic $565
- General Surgical Clinic - $232
- Orthopaedic Clinic - $215
Other services attract a defined fee for service. These fees are outlined below:
Services and Charges
- Emergency Attendance, up to 4hrs - $500.00
- Emergency Attendance, over 4hrs and stay overnight within the emergency department only - $1200.00
- Allied Health – eg Physio/OT - $149.50
- Interpreter – first 90 minutes - $100.00
- Diagnostic Imaging, Pathology and Pharmacy - charges are included in the overall cost
Fees are subject to change without notice.
For any further queries, please contact Patient Accounts, email@example.com or 03 9231