St Vincent’s Hospital is one of five A1 tertiary hospitals in Melbourne. The Hospital provides general medical and surgical, specialist medical and surgical, state-wide services, extensive training and research and operates an area mental health service for northern and eastern corridors. The facility has extensive networks in rural and regional Victoria and is a major provider of correctional health services. St Vincent’s Hospital owns and operates a private pathology network, private radiology services, general practice services, dialysis and breast screen satellite site. On the city fringe, St Vincent's is easy to access by public transport. There are two public car parks, and there is provision for bicycle parking in the small open area near the boom gates on Victoria Pde.
St Vincent’s Hospital Melbourne and St Vincent's Private Hospital is committed to providing accessible parking across the campus for the convenience of patients, carers, visitors, staff, .and contractors.
St Vincent's Fitzroy Street Car park
- Car Spaces - 400
- Accessible Parking Bay - 2 (Ground Level)
- Location - Access via Fitzroy Street, Fitzroy on your right (please note, Fitzroy Street is a one way street access via Victoria Parade)
- Operational Hours - 6.30am - 10.45pm with an access card 24/7
- Fees - Fees apply (see below)
- Who can park here? - Patients, Visitors, Staff (St Vincent's Hospital Melbourne and St Vincent's Private Hospital)
St Vincent's Victoria Parade Car park
- Car Spaces - 515
- Accessible Parking Bay - 6
- Location - Access via 93 Victoria Parade, Fitzroy
- Operational Hours - 6.30am - 10.45pm 24/7 card access
- Fees - Fees apply
- Who can park here? - Provided for Staff
Fitzroy Car Park Office is located in basement of Building A - Main Hospital.
- Mon to Fri 7:00am – 9:00pm
- Sat & Sun 9:00am – 5:00pm
Please Note: Any visitor entering the St Vincent’s Campus Car Parks will be deemed to have agreed to and accepted the St Vincent’s Car Park Terms and Conditions located at the entrance to the above Car Parks.
(effective Monday 26 August 2019):
- 0-1 Hour - $10.00
- 1-2 Hours - $16.00
- 2-3 Hours - $20.00
- 3-4 Hours - $22.00
- 4-5 Hours - $24.00
- 5-6 Hours - $28.00
- 6+ Hours - $30.00
- Maximum Daily Rate - $30.00
- Weekend/Public Holiday rate - $14.00
- Concession - $11.00 (pension card holders only)
Customers will need to pay for parking before returning to your vehicles and exiting the hospital car parks. This can be paid at the pay stations cash or credit card (Mastercard and Visa only. No EFTPOS) located next to the lifts on the lower level of each car park.
There are available accessible parking in the following locations (also pictured below in yellow):
- Fitzroy Street Multilevel Car park - 2 bays (Ground Floor)
- Fitzroy Street - 8 bays
- Princess Street - 3 bays
- Regent Street - 3 bays
- Victoria Parade - 3 bays
St Vincent’s Hospital Melbourne makes a number of provisions to meet the needs of our patients and carers. Car parking concession tickets are available for eligible patients and carers.
Pension Card Holders
Patients/ carers possessing a valid, in-date Federal Government Concession card with the patient or visitor name listed on the card are eligible for the concession parking. Patient or carer is to present their parking ticket along with pension card to the Car Park Office to obtain the concession parking rate.
Patients / Carers suffering Financial/ social hardship related to hospitalisation
Concession parking is available to:
- Patients experiencing prolonged periods of hospitalisation (20+) days and their carers to assist to mitigate the financial burden.
- The main carer if they are experiencing significant additional expenses related to hospitalisation/visits (e.g.: accommodation costs, travel costs).
Patients attending Cancer Centre / Dialysis Unit for multiple treatments
Patients attending for multiple treatments (2+) times per week can also access concession parking or free parking if accessing the Cancer Centre Parking Bays. Contact the Nurse Unit Manager in these treatment areas for information.
The Nurse Unit Manager or Social Worker can assist with information about concession and free parking.
St Vincent’s also offers a five day discounted parking ticket to assist patients and visitors attending the sites multiple days in a row. The ticket will enable the patient / visitor to enter multiple times over 5 days. Customers are to take their entry ticket to the car park office to purchase the upgraded five day pass.
How to get to the Fitzroy Campus
The Fitzroy campus, bordered by Nicholson Street, Victoria Parade, Fitzroy Street and Gertrude Street Fitzroy is well serviced by public transport.
Trams that stop at the corner of Nicholson Street and Victoria Parade are:
- 86 Bundoora RMIT – Waterfront City Docklands
- 96 East Brunswick – St Kilda Beach
Trams that stop at the St Vincent’s Plaza ‘super stop’ on Victoria Parade are:
- 11 West Preston – Victoria Harbour Docklands
- 24 North Balwyn – City (Latrobe St west end)
- 30 St Vincent’s Plaza – Etihad Stadium Docklands
- 42 Box Hill – Victoria Harbour Docklands
- 109 Box Hill – Port Melbourne
- 112 West Preston – St Kilda
*Any tram travelling up Bourke St will stop at St Vincent’s Plaza
Buses that stop near St Vincent’s on Victoria Parade include:
- 340 City – La Trobe University via freeway (all stops)
- 350 City – La Trobe University via freeway (limited stops)
- 402 Footscray – East Melbourne via North Melbourne
- 684 Eildon – Melbourne via Lilydale Station
The closest station to St Vincent’s is Parliament Station, a 10 minute walk from our Fitzroy campus across Victoria Parade. Any city loop train can be taken to Parliament station.
Trams including the 109, 112, 86 and 96 stop near Parliament Station and will drop you at our Fitzroy campus.
Visit www.ptv.vic.gov.au for more information.
Taxi phones (free call) are located in the foyers of the Emergency Department, St Vincent’s Clinics and Building F - Bolte Wing.
St Vincent Plaza Tram Stop
Nicholson Street Tram