Scholarships 2023 - Internal
There are 3 types of scholarships available to St Vincent’s staff undertaking Postgraduate study in 2023.
1. Graduate Nurse Association Scholarships (GNA) - Scholarships will be offered in 2023 (total $10,000) and will be allocated to successful applicants.
2. Bank First Nursing Scholarships – Scholarships will be offered in 2023 (total $15,000) to Nursing staff undertaking Postgraduate study.
Applications for GNA and Bank First Scholarships – open date TBC
3. Department of Health Scholarships- In 2023 Scholarships are available to all nursing staff undertaking Postgraduate study commencing Semester 1 2023 at Graduate Certificate /Diploma and Masters level to apply for. Priority areas per the Department of Health include, Intensive Care, Emergency, Aged Care and Cancer streams. All other individuals that meet the Departments eligibility criteria as per the guidelines may also apply.
Before applying, ensure that you read the Department of Health Postgraduate Scholarship Guidelines to ensure that you meet the Department of Health criteria for eligibility.
To apply for Department of Health Scholarships 2023
Applications open Monday December 12th 2022 and close 31st January 2023.
- Complete an application form.
- Submit evidence of your out of pocket expenses relating to course fees for both Semester 1 2023 and Semester 2 2023. (Submit your receipt of university fees payment or alternative documents that show evidence of your out of pocket expenses for course fees that you have incurred).
If you are the recipient of a Commonwealth Supported Place (CSP) or a scholarship other than one from the Department of Health, this needs to be declared on your application form.
Click Here to access the application form.
Email your documents to SVHM.Education.email@example.com Attention Postgraduate Coordinator - Scholarship application.
Upon receipt of your application Education and Learning will send you an email to acknowledge and confirm that your application has been received.
Applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application in May 2023.
If successful in obtaining a scholarship, payment will occur in May 2023.
Scholarships 2023 – External
Scholarships are available to St Vincent’s staff undertaking Postgraduate study in 2023 from external parties. These include ANMF, Australian College of Nursing, Universities.
Feel free to source external scholarships that you are eligible to apply for.
Masters in Nursing /Nurse Practitioner Scholarship
Department of Health - Scholarships will be offered to candidates undertaking Postgraduate study at Masters of Nursing level that will lead to endorsement as a Nurse Practitioner.
To apply contact Nurse Workforce Unit Nurseworkforceunit@svhm.org.au
Financial support is available to all postgraduate students employed by St Vincent’s Hospital (excluding mental health students) on completion of their approved postgraduate course.
How to apply for reimbursement
Once your application for postgraduate study has been approved by Education and Learning an agreement letter will be emailed to you. The letter will outline the terms and conditions for financial reimbursement and must be signed and returned by the due date.
Agreements returned after this date will not be eligible for financial reimbursement.