Prague House is a 45 bed low care residential aged facility operating under the auspices of St Vincent's Health Australia. The uniquely designed purpose built facility is located in Kew, and easily accessible on the 109 tram route.
Prague House is a specialised Aged Care facility that supports residents living with a mental health diagnosis and or an acquired brain injury to live life to their fullest potential. Many residents at Prague House have a history of homelessness or have been at high risk of becoming homeless. Prague House is staffed by a dedicated team that strives to provide quality individualised care to a diverse resident group.
Resident physical and mental health needs are professionally managed and supported by the resources of St Vincent's Health Australia.
The maximum price that you can be charged is a refundable deposit or daily payment or a combination of both.
Residents can choose to pay for their accommodation by a refundable deposit, a daily payment, or a combination of both. A refundable deposit is paid as a lump sum amount. A daily payment accrues daily and is paid periodically, for example monthly. A combination payment includes both a partial lump sum and daily payments.
Our rooms at Prague House are in good condition, and the building has air-conditioning. Our rooms include:
- Individual TV point and general power outlets.
- Vinyl flooring coverings,
- Wall finishes,
- Window coverings,
- Bed linen and bedspread,
- Electric high low bed,
- Nurse call and
- An ensuite
- Single Room Private Ensuite
- Refundable Deposit of up to $295,000 or a daily payment of $48.57 or a combination of both.
- For this room a resident could pay, for example, 50% of the price by a refundable deposit of $147,500 and 50% of the price by daily payments of $24.29
- Single Room Shared Ensuite
- Refundable Deposit of up to $275,000 or a daily payment of $45.28 or a combination of both.
- For this room a resident could pay, for example, 50% of the price by a refundable deposit of $137,500 and 50% of the price by daily payments of $22.64.
Prague House is located in Kew which is located 6km east of Melbourne’s CBD. Kew has convenient access to public facilities and transport. The suburb borders the Yarra River to the north and west, with Hawthorn to the south and Balwyn to the east.
- Cotham Village Shopping Centre is 1.2km from the facility. Harp Village Shopping Centre is 1.7km from the facility and Kew Junction is just over 2km from the facility.
Parks, Recreation and Leisure
- Kew Sports Club is 1.4km from Prague House and offers lawn bowls, tennis, dining and bar facilities. Kew RSL Club is located a distance of 1.4km from the facility, on the same street. There are bar and dining facilities, bingo and live entertainment.
- Kew Recreation Centre offers sport and leisure facilities to the community, including a pool, spa, sauna and café. It is located 1.7km from Prague House.
- Kew Library is located 1.5km from the facility.
- Kew Neighbourhood Learning Centre is less than 2km from Prague House and offers a number of programs including Men’s Shed and a gardening group.
- Kew has a large number of parks within a 5km radius of Prague House.
- Village Cinemas in Hawthorn are just over 3km from the facility and screen all the latest movies.
Saint Georges Hospital is 80m from the facility and also houses the St George’s Health Service and Medical. St Vincent’s Hospital Melbourne is 7.2km from the facility and the Royal Melbourne Hospital is 9.2km from the facility.
Places of Worship
Places of worship include Holy Trinity Anglican Church, Kew, Kew Baptist Church, Melbourne Chinese Baptist Church, Catholic Church of the Sacred Heart and St Hilary’s Anglican Church, all within a 5km radius.
The 109, 16 and 72 along with tram route 48 (North Balwyn - Victoria Harbour Docklands) tram routes pass through the suburb and the City/Lilydale/Belgrave train line is easily accessed at Hawthorn and Glenferrie Stations.
For more information please visit the Public Transport Victoria Website.