2023 VDDS Training Calendar
Eligibility: Webinars are tailored to staff working in Disability or Mental health Services.
Delivery: The Webinars will be delivered using the ZOOM platform.
The Webinar topics are:
- ADHD in Developmental Disorders
- Assessment of mental illness in people with an Intellectual Disability
- Autism and comorbid mental disorders
- Borderline Personality Disorders in people with an Intellectual Disability
- Understanding and Managing Behaviours
- Introduction to Autistic Spectrum Disorder
- Management of Autistic Spectrum Disorder
- Medication for people with an Intellectual disability
- Systemic, legal and ethical issues management of mental illness in people with intellectual disability
- Treatment of mental illness in people with Intellectual Disability
- VDDS Case Presentation
To Register for the Webinars CLICK HERE
Workshops for Area Mental Health Staff
In 2023 the Victorian Dual Disability service will also deliver 2 half day workshops.
Eligibility: Workshops are only open to Staff working in Victorian Specialist Mental Health services (Including CAMHS, CYMHS, Specialist, and Adult and Aged services).
For your registration to be successful you must register using your work email.
Registration information: Please note these workshops are capped. To secure your place we suggest you register as soon as possible using the link provided below
The Delivery:The WORKSHOPSwill be delivered using the ZOOM platform.
WORKSHOP topics are:
- Screening and management of autism in people with serious mental illness
- Screening and management of ID in people with serious mental illness
To register for the Workshops CLICK HERE
If you would like to request training outside the set calendar, please email the VDDS on email@example.com
Complimentary Online Training
If you work in public mental health, MHPOD is available through your workplace. The VDDS developed the topic on Dual Disability.
Visit the contacts page on their website to find out more about registering.
For further information on training please contact us on (03) 9231 1988
Intellectual disability mental health e-learning
3DN provides free eLearning about intellectual disability to professionals, carers, and consumers
Please see link to their website and training: http://www.idhealtheducation.edu.au/
Intellectual Disability Healthcare
This XSeries Program has been designed to influence, empower and educate a wider population to improve the health and healthcare of people with intellectual disability.
Please see link to their website and training: https://www.edx.org/xseries/intellectual-disability-healthcare
The Victorian Dual Disability Service recognises the Traditional Owners of the land on which our office islocated; the Wurundjeri People of the Kulin Nations. We pay our respects to Elders past and present and welcome all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to our health service.