Application is online via St Vincent’s Workday program.
Applications open 1 May 2018 and close 1 June 2018.
You will need to register for the Computer Match with – PMCV Postgraduate Medical Council of Victoria
You will be prompted to attach:
- A cover letter, less than one page telling us why we should select you as one of our 2019 interns. (Need to update with Prevocational Dr name as soon as Neils replacement is recruited)
- Your CV (the PMCV template is recommended and includes a photograph).
For Interstate Applicants only – you will need to include your CV and Academic Transcript together as 1 file (Victorian candidates the results will be sent through directly from the Universities)
Your PMCV candidate ID number
2 references (no additional are required by SVHM)
Short-listing Process for SVHM 2019 Internship
Interviews will be offered to applicants:
Training at SVHM clinical school, including scholarly selective students
On a combination of:
Academic transcript (z score)
Application including CV, cover letter and references
We conduct face-to-face interviews, of 10 minute duration, with two members of SVHM senior medical staff.
You will be advised about interviews via email invitation.
PMCV Computer Matching for 2019 Internship Positions
- Like all Victorian intern positions, all our intern posts are allocated through the PMCV Intern Matching Service.
- Internship eligibility and matching to all the hospitals in Victoria is governed by PMCV in conjunction with the Victorian Government funding body, Department of Health and Human Services.
- To be eligible for Internship in Victoria you must be a graduate of a Victorian University or a Victorian permanent resident. Graduates of interstate Universities or full-fee paying Victorian graduates can still apply for a limited number of places. Refer to PMCV guidelines and website for full details.
If you have any queries about the application process that have not been answered here, please contact the Junior Medical Workforce Unit on (03) 9231 1876.