The maximum price that you can be charged is a refundable deposit or daily payment or a combination of both.
Residents can choose to pay for their accommodation by a refundable deposit, a daily payment, or a combination of both. A refundable deposit is paid as a lump sum amount. A daily payment accrues daily and is paid periodically, for example monthly. A combination payment includes both a partial lump sum and daily payments.
Our rooms at Riverside House are in good condition, and the building has air-conditioning. Our rooms include:
- Individual TV point and general power outlets.
- Vinyl flooring coverings,
- Wall finishes,
- Window coverings,
- Bed linen and bedspread,
- Electric high low bed,
- Nurse call and
- An ensuite.
- Single Room Private Ensuite
Maximum Price for Room
- Refundable Deposit of up to $295,000 or a daily payment of $48.57 or a combination of both.
- For this room a resident could pay, for example, 50% of the price by a refundable deposit of $147,500 and 50% of the price by daily payments of $24.29
- Single Room Shared Ensuite
Maximum Price for Room
- Refundable Deposit of up to $275,000 or a daily payment of $45.28 or a combination of both.
- For this room a resident could pay, for example, 50% of the price by a refundable deposit of $137,500 and 50% of the price by daily payments of $22.64
Riverside House is located in Richmond which is 3km south-east of Melbourne’s CBD. The diverse suburb contains an eclectic mix of expensively converted warehouse residences, public housing high-rise flats and terrace houses from the Victorian-era. Richmond was named after Richmond Hill, London, with its outlook of the river bend.
There are a number of shopping complexes and precincts in the vicinity. Richmond Plaza is just under a kilometre away and Swan Street, with its numerous cafes and shops is located 2.5km from the facility and is accessible by bus and tram. Victoria Gardens Shopping Centre is 1.2km from the facility and provides a range of shopping options, including large department stores.
Parks, Recreation and Leisure
- Barkley Garden’s Park with its Anzac memorial, pavilion and picnic areas is approximately 2.5km from the facility. Citizens Park, 1.5km from the facility is Richmond’s largest park. It is close to public transport and features a pavilion, sports ground, picnic areas and walking paths.
- An aquatic centre is located within the Richmond Recreation Centre and offers a gym, 50m pool, spa, sauna and steam room. The centre is 1.8km from the facility and is accessible by public transport. The Richmond Senior Citizens Centre is 1.9km from the facility and is available for hire.
- Richmond RSL and Services Club offers a range of dining and entertainment options aimed at seniors, as well as a hair and beauty salon and shuttle bus service. The Club is less than a kilometre from the facility.
- Richmond Hill Senior Citizens Club meets each Monday and is just over 2km from the facility.
- Richmond Library is 2.7km from the facility on Church Road, Richmond.
- Cinemas are located within the Victoria Gardens Shopping Centre 1.2km from the facility.
Epworth Private Hospital and St Vincent’s Mercy and Private Hospital are both within a 5km radius of the facility. The Richmond Medical Centre is 1km from the facility and Church Street Medical Centre is 1.7km from Riverside House.
Places of Worship
Places of worship within a 5km radius include; St Ignatius’ Catholic Church, St Stephen’s Anglican Church, Assemblies of God and the Greek Orthodox Church.
Richmond has five train stations, seven tram routes and a bus route and is served by tram numbers 24 and 109 on Victoria Street and 78 and 79 on Church St and 48 and 75 on Bridge Road and 70 on Swan Street.
For more information please visit the Public Transport Victoria Website.