St Vincent’s has a strong reputation and is committed to supporting and fostering postgraduate training. The early postgraduate years are designed to provide exposure to your selected discipline and allow you to decide on a career pathway. We are looking for highly motivated HMO’s who are interested in a career in critical care. We aim to tailor your rotations to your critical care career choice in Anaesthetics or Emergency Medicine.
What do we look for in a potential St Vincent’s employee?
An ideal candidate is one who expresses and demonstrates a desire to train at St Vincent’s, as well as demonstrates academic, clinical and personal traits that St Vincent’s would find desirable in a potential employee/trainee. We look for good people as well as potentially good clinicians. We believe the more developed, mature and rounded a trainee is, the better this will be for our organisation.
Desirable attributes include:
- Ability to work in a team
- A holistic approach to patient care
- Well-developed interpersonal skills
- Good theoretical knowledge
- Evidence of interest in academic pursuits including research
Consistency in all or strength in some attributes will enable potential candidates to meet St Vincent’s selection criteria.
Applications open 1 May 2018 and close 23 July 2018. Click here to apply.
You will be prompted to attach:
- A cover letter outlining your reasons for application to St Vincent’s Hospital Melbourne. Address your letter to Tim Martin - Junior Medical Workforce Unit Manager.
- Your CV (the PMCV template is recommended and includes a photograph).
If you are unable to complete your application via Workday, please email your CV and Cover Letter to Mwfu.email@example.com
Indicate why you would like to work at St Vincent’s Hospital – 1 page only
Well laid out CV that highlights your talents, leadership positions, summary of any top scoring subjects
- Standard Referee Template for non-matched positions -
- Referees – 2
- No personal or non-clinical reference required
- The interview process provides the opportunity to meet the individuals who are interested in working at St. Vincent’s Hospital. You will be asked questions to seek further information on what we can offer you and whether you will fit the culture of our organisation.
- Candidates will be shortlisted, and an interview date and time will be organised for you to attend.
- Interviews will be 15 minutes long.
- Written application
- Assessment of academic achievements
- References and reasons for wanting to come to St Vincent’s
The Critical Care stream offers rotations tailored to suit those intending to pursue a career in Anaesthetics or Emergency Medicine.
There are 7 positions in total:
Three positions have 6 months of Anaesthetics / 3 months of Intensive Care / 3 months of Emergency Medicine.
Four positions have predominantly Emergency Medicine and Obstetrics & Gynaecology rotations - two of these positions have 3 months of Anaesthetics and one position has 3 months of Intensive Care.
The rotations are to the following hospitals as listed below:
- Anaesthetics – St. Vincent’s Hospital, Melbourne
- Anaesthetics – Werribee Mercy Hospital
- Emergency – St. Vincent’s Hospital, Melbourne
- Emergency – Warrnambool & District Base Hospital
- Intensive Care – Epworth Hospital -Richmond
- Obstetrics & Gynaecology – Werribee Mercy Hospital
Orientation for new staff will be on the first day of 2018 Clinical Year 5th February 2018 you will be contacted by the Medical Education Department to ensure you attend where you will receive your Security and Access details.