The Association raises funds to donate to a wide range of important hospital projects and causes.
Money is raised on an ongoing basis through:
- sales of the nursing history book, A Profession’s Pathway
- sales of St Vincent’s tea towels – these are at $13 each or two for $23 (inc. postage) and can be purchased by contacting Helen Lauritz by emailing email@example.com or phoning (03) 9802 2507
- sausage sizzles held at the hospital throughout the year
- the annual luncheon and associated raffles.
The Association has made the following donations over the last five years:
- $10,000 for carpet installed at the Sister Francesca Healy Cottage in Fitzroy, where homeless people are able to stay and rest after discharge from hospital.
- $10,000 to the St Vincent's Department of Addiction Medicine
- $20,000 to the new St Vincent's Cancer Centre
- $2,000 to The St Vincent de Paul Disaster Appeal (in memory of a St Vincent's graduate Mark Butler (1992) who perished in the bushfires)
- Interplast – a volunteer surgical team traveling to third world countries to operate on people with cleft palates, etc
- $2,000 to the St Vincent's Director of Mission's Discretionary fund – funds are needed for things such as assisting a single mother to pay for the funeral of her stillborn baby
Plans are currently underway to offer a bursary/scholarship to a nursing student studying at St Vincent’s.
On the children's ward, circa 1975
41 Victoria Parade, Fitzroy VIC 3065, Australia. Phone:
(03) 9288 2211