The Association raises funds to donate to a wide range of important hospital projects and causes.
Money is raised on an ongoing basis through:
- sales of the nursing history book, A Profession’s Pathway
- sales of St Vincent’s tea towels – these are at $13 each or two for $23 (inc. postage) and can be purchased by contacting Helen Lauritz by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or phoning (03) 9802 2507
- sausage sizzles held at the hospital throughout the year
- the annual luncheon and associated raffles.
The Association has made the following donations over the last five years:
- $10,000 for carpet installed at the Sister Francesca Healy Cottage in Fitzroy, where homeless people are able to stay and rest after discharge from hospital.
- $10,000 to the St Vincent's Department of Addiction Medicine
- $20,000 to the new St Vincent's Cancer Centre
- $2,000 to The St Vincent de Paul Disaster Appeal (in memory of a St Vincent's graduate Mark Butler (1992) who perished in the bushfires)
- Interplast – a volunteer surgical team traveling to third world countries to operate on people with cleft palates, etc
- $2,000 to the St Vincent's Director of Mission's Discretionary fund – funds are needed for things such as assisting a single mother to pay for the funeral of her stillborn baby
We currently offer scholarships to nursing students studying at St Vincent’s. Currently funded projects:
- Scholarships are disbursed annually for Nursing students studying at St Vincent's Hospital.
- An annual Ida O'Dwyer award valued at $1000 was reinstated at the 2015 Graduation Ceremony in January.
- Limited grants are available to members commencing 2015 to finance one off projects which are deemed to be aligned with Mary Aikenhead 's mission.
On the children's ward, circa 1975
41 Victoria Parade, Fitzroy VIC 3065, Australia. Phone:
(03) 9288 2211