Community Rehabilitation Centres
St Vincent's Community Rehabilitation Centre Kew
St Vincent's Community Rehabilitation Centre Northcote
St George's campus, 283 Cotham Rd
92 Dennis St
Kew VIC 3101
Northcote VIC 3070
Tel: (03) 9231 8660
Tel: (03) 9486 7413
Fax: (03) 9231 8661
Fax: (03) 9231 8661
|Open 8.00am to 4.30pm, Monday to Friday
||Open 8.00am to 4.30pm, Monday to Friday
St Vincent’s Community Rehabilitation Centre provides specialised rehabilitation services to people living in the Cities of Boroondara, Darebin and Yarra.
What does the centre offer?
- Rehabilitation for clients with short to medium term rehabilitation needs
- Treatment programs designed specifically for each client to promote independence and wellbeing
- Individual or group therapy treatments
- Health promotion and community education on specific rehabilitation issues
What rehabilitation programs are there?
- Neurological care for clients with conditions such as multiple sclerosis, stroke, brain injury or Parkinson’s Disease
- Musculoskeletal care for clients with arthritis and other painful conditions, as well as for those who have joint replacement surgery, hip fractures and other similar surgery
- Cardiopulmonary rehabilitation for clients with lung or heart disease
- General, individual programs to address areas of functional decline or specific health problems
Rehabilitation services include:
- Occupational therapy
- Speech pathology
- Social work
- Prosthetics and Orthotics
- Rehabilitation medicine
- Driving assessments
Criteria for Community Rehabilitation Services
- be medically stable
- have clear rehabilitation goals
- be cognitively able to participate in a rehabilitation program
- consent to participate.
Maintenance therapy is not provided (refer to local Community Health Centres).
How do I refer
Referral templates for Aged Care & Community Services:
Referrals are accepted from either a health professional or a doctor. For all referral enquiries please call community rehabilitation central intake on 9816 0660. New referrals can also be faxed to 03 9816 0661.
The written referral should be posted or faxed to:
|St Vincent’s Community Rehabilitation Centre
||St Vincent's Community Rehabilitation Centre Northcote
|St George’s Health Service
||92 Dennis St
|283 Cotham Rd Kew VIC 3101
||Northcote VIC 3070
|Tel: (03) 9231 8660
||Tel: (03) 9486 7413
|Fax: (03) 9816 8661
||Fax: (03) 9816 8661
A small fee is charged for every CRC attendance.
How do I get to the centres?
Clients are encouraged to arrange their own transport. However if you require assistance, please talk to our staff.
Please read How to get to St George's campus for transport and parking details for the Kew site.
You can also see maps of both the Fitzroy and Kew campuses on our maps page.
The Northcote Centre can be found here on Google maps.
41 Victoria Parade, Fitzroy VIC 3065, Australia. Phone:
(03) 9288 2211