St Vincent’s Mental Health (SVMH) is a comprehensive adult area mental health service for people aged between 16-64 years who live in the inner urban east area of Melbourne (Cities of Yarra and Boroondara).
REFERRALS: PSYCHIATRIC TRIAGE Tel: 1300 558 862, 24 HOURS 7 DAYS A WEEK
|Ms Bridget Organ
||Manager Mental Health
||Tel: (03) 9288 4396
|Dr Peter Bosanac
||Director of Clinical Services
||Tel: (03) 9288 4329
|Prof David Castle
||Professor of Psychiatry
||Tel: (03) 9288 4751
|Ms Anna Love
||Director of Nursing
||Tel: (03) 9288 2009
|Ms Rosemary Pace
||Manager Aged Psychiatry Service
||Tel: (03) 9816 8454
|Prof Nicola Lautenschlager
||Professor of Psychiatry of Old Age
||Tel: (03) 9816 0485
Crisis & Assessment Treatment Service (CATS), Emergency Department Mental Health (EDMH) & Psychiatric Triage
- psychiatric advice, screening and assessment (24hrs/7 days) and intensive community-based treatment for people in the acute phase of psychiatric illness. An extended triage function provides short term support for people until they are engaged with appropriate primary care or private psychiatry services.
Tel: 1300 558 862
Clarendon (City of Yarra) and Hawthorn (City of Boroondara) Community Mental Health Services (CMHS)
- provide a range of clinical and therapeutic services within an integrated system of multidisciplinary care including continuing care services, mobile support and treatment services and a homeless persons mental health service. Specialist Early Psychosis services are embedded within programs.
Tel: 03 9417 5696 (City of Yarra – Clarendon Clinic)
03 9882 9299 (City of Boroondara – Hawthorn Clinic)
Yarra Boroondara Primary Mental Health Service (PMHS)
– provides education and support to primary health care providers around the treatment of people with high-prevalence disorders (e.g. anxiety and depression) and young people at risk of developing a mental illness.
Tel: 03 9882 9299
Footbridge Community Care Unit
– a 20 bed community residential service located in Fitzroy that provides 24hour nursing/allied health support, aimed at improving consumers’ living skills, level of independence and quality of life.
Tel: 03 9481 5644
Acute Inpatient Service (AIS)
- a 44 bed inpatient unit providing short-term inpatient treatment to people during the acute phase of mental illness and includes a 6 bed Extra Care Unit for people with more intensive care needs.
The Victorian Aboriginal Health Service can access up to five beds for Koori patients from across Victoria.
Body Image Eating Disorders Treatment & Recovery Service (BETRS)
BETRS is a service for people with eating disorders, their families and carers. The service is linked to BETRS Inpatient Specialist Eating Disorder Unit located at Austin Health.
Anyone over the age of 18 who thinks they may have an eating disorder or body image problem is encouraged to contact BETRS following a discussion with their doctor and/or health professional.
The Body Image Eating Disorders Treatment & Recovery Service (BETRS)
104 Studley Park Rd
Kew VIC 3101
Tel: (+61 3) 9854 1700
For patients aged 65 years and older St Vincent’s offers an Aged Psychiatry Service, located at the St George’s campus in Kew.
Referrals Tel: 03 9816 0443 Monday to Friday business hours
After hours telephone: 1300 558 862
Children and adolescents
The Child & Adolescent Mental Health Service for the Inner Urban East catchment area is provided by Austin Health for people aged 16 years and under
Referrals Tel: 1300 558 862 (24hr/7 days)
Direct Line – Drug and Alcohol Service
Direct Line is located at Turning Point and offers a 24 hour, 7 days a week service to consumers and clinicians. Direct Line is a state-wide provider of counselling, information and referral information and has an extensive database of providers for Drug and Alcohol Services.
Tel: 1800 888 236
The Victorian Drug and Alcohol Clinical Advisory Service (DACAS)
DACAS is a specialist telephone consultancy service that is free of charge for health and welfare professionals.
Consultation is provided by professional counsellors from the Turning Point Alcohol & Drug Centre and addiction medicine specialists. http://www.dacas.org.au/
For administrative enquiries call Turning Point
Tel: 03 9418 1011
24hr phone service for health professionals
Tel: 1800 812 804 Anywhere in Victoria (Toll Free)
GP Psych Support – your patient, your call
The GP Psych Support service provides general practitioners with free patient management advice from a team of psychiatrists. The service operates 24 hours a day, every day of the year.
The service provides specialist advice in drug and alcohol psychiatry, child and adolescent psychiatry, perinatal psychiatry, geriatric psychiatry and general psychiatry.
You can access GP Psych Support at www.psychsupport.com.au, by calling 1800 200 588 or by sending a completed Fax back form to 1800 012 422.