Rehabilitation in the Home (RITH)
Rehabilitation in the Home offers short term, multidisciplinary, goal-oriented therapy which aims to assist clients:
- To reach their maximum potential
- To regain their independence where possible and
- To improve their quality of life.
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech Pathology
- Social Work
Eligibility criteria for home rehabilitation services:
- Clients generally reside in the City of Yarra, Boroondara and Darebin (Thornbury, Alphington, Northcote and Fairfield).
- Clients have potential for functional gain through intensive rehabilitation and are willing to actively participate in a therapy program.
- Clients require context specific therapy in their own home or community due to cognitive, psychosocial or cultural issues.
- Clients are unable to access community based services for reasons of health, physical and/or environmental limitations.
How to refer:
Referrals are accepted from either a health professional or doctor.
For all referral enquiries please call 9231 8660 or 1300 131 470.
Referral templates for Aged Care & Community Services:
Best Practice template
Medical Director template
- There is no charge for RITH visits
- Clients are required to provide RITH staff with a safe environment during visits
- Maintenance therapy, Case Management, Nursing and Medical services are not offered
Rehabilitation in the Home brochure
41 Victoria Parade, Fitzroy VIC 3065, Australia. Phone:
(03) 9288 2211