Rehabilitation in the Home (RITH)
Rehabilitation in the Home offers short term, multidisciplinary, goal-oriented therapy which aims to assist clients:
- to reach their maximum potential
- to regain their independence where possible and
- to improve their quality of life.
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech Pathology
- Social Work
Eligibility criteria for home rehabilitation services
- Clients generally reside in the City of Yarra, Boroondara and Darebin (Thornbury, Alphington, Northcote and Fairfield).
- Clients have potential for functional gain through intensive rehabilitation and are willing to actively participate in a therapy program.
- Clients require context specific therapy in their own home or community due to cognitive, psychosocial or cultural issues.
- Clients are unable to access community based services for reasons of health, physical and/or environmental limitations.
How to refer
Referrals are accepted from either a health professional or doctor.
For all referral enquiries please call 1300 131 470.
We encourage all referrers to complete our SACS Referral Form.
SACS Referral form 2013.pdf
New referrals can also be faxed to (03) 9816 0661
- There is no charge for RITH visits
- Clients are required to provide RITH staff with a safe environment during visits
- Maintenance therapy, Case Management, Nursing and Medical services are not offered
Rehabilitation in the Home brochure
41 Victoria Parade, Fitzroy VIC 3065, Australia. Phone:
(03) 9288 2211